Friday, December 24, 2010

Renardo Sidney Fight Teammate Elgin Bailey

Renardo Sidney and teammate Elgin Bailey have been suspended indefinitely by MSU and sent home from Hawaii. Both Mississippi State players took a picture of the fighting in the stands at Diamond Head Classic. Sidney appeared to be the aggressor, swinging wildly after Bailey had fallen to the ground. But what if Sidney didn't start the fight? The fracas lasted several minutes before being interrupted by teammates and coaches.

Renardo Sidney has issued a statement apologizing: “I'm very sorry for this incident. I had no intention of this ever happening - I apologize for embarrassing my family, all the Mississippi State fans, my teammates and coaches - I will learn from this and move on."

It's unclear what future Sidney with the state of Mississippi will be. Coach Rick Stansbury told the Associated Press he would not comment until he learns all the facts. Athletic Director Scott Stricklin has been a bit more to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

World Update Recent Posts